Columbia, SC 29203
Salary: $19.00 /hour
Leumas Residential is seeking a reliable, skilled maintenance worker to perform essential upkeep tasks throughout our facility. In this position, you will be responsible for a wide variety of activities such as plumbing and carpentry repairs, appliance installation, and preventative maintenance. Being reliable and self-motivated with a keen eye for detail is essential in this job. The ideal candidate will have significant work experience, their own tools, and solid technical knowledge. Candidate should have the manual dexterity and physical stamina necessary for this work.
- Perform work order repairs as assigned. Such may include as repairing broken locks, cabinetry repairs, sheetrock repair, plumbing repairs, etc.
- Check control panels and electrical wiring to identify issues
- Install appliances and equipment
- Conduct unit inspections.
- Responsible for Maintenance inventory.
- Inspect and troubleshoot equipment and systems (e.g. ventilation)
- Check functionality of safety systems (e.g. fire alarms, smoke detectors, fire extinguishers)
- Collaborate with vendors and other professionals conducting work on-site.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proven experience as a maintenance worker or other similar position
- Basic knowledge of HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems
- Experience using hand and electrical tools
- Ability to read basic technical manuals
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Physical stamina and dexterity
The maintenance worker must represent Leumas Residential in a professional manner, consistently maintain a professional, courteous attitude when dealing with residents, subordinates, coworkers, and the public.
If you are ready to make a difference in your community with your skills and experience, please send us your resume and at least two references!
Leumas Residential was founded in 2003 and is a rapidly growing contractor for the U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD). We serve as the sole contractor tasked with assisting HUD to manage multifamily apartment assets throughout the nation. Our ultimate mission is to leverage housing as a means to improve the quality of life and opportunity access for our residents.