Columbia, SC 29203
Salary: $28,000.00 to $32,000.00 /year
Leumas Residential is seeking a reliable, skilled maintenance worker to perform essential upkeep tasks throughout our facility. In this position, you will be responsible for a wide variety of activities such as repairs and cleaning to ensure that our facilities are both tidy and functional. Being reliable and self-motivated with a keen eye for detail is essential in this job, as the ideal candidate will have significant work experience and solid technical knowledge. You should have the manual dexterity and physical stamina necessary for this work.
- Perform cleaning activities such as dusting, mopping etc.
- Perform minor fixes such as repairing broken locks, filling gaps on walls etc.
- Check control panels and electrical wiring to identify issues
- Install appliances and equipment
- Do garden/yard upkeep by mowing lawn, collecting trash etc.
- Conduct maintenance tasks such as replacing light bulbs
- Inspect and troubleshoot equipment and systems (e.g. ventilation)
- Check functionality of safety systems (e.g. fire alarm)
- Collaborate with workers and other professionals during renovations
- Report to a facilities or maintenance manager for issues
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proven experience as a maintenance worker or other similar position, preferably in a corporate setting
- Basic knowledge of HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems
- Experience using hand and electrical tools
- Ability to read technical manuals and drawings
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Physical stamina and dexterity
The maintenance worker must represent Leumas Residential in a professional manner, consistently maintain a professional, courteous attitude when dealing with residents, subordinates, coworkers, and the public.
If you are ready to make a difference in your community with your skills and experience, please send us your resume and at least two references!
Leumas Residential was founded in 2003 and is a rapidly growing contractor for the U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD). We serve as the sole contractor tasked with assisting HUD to manage multifamily apartment assets throughout the nation. Our ultimate mission is to leverage housing as a means to improve the quality of life and opportunity access for our residents.
Job Type: Full-time